How to Have a Smooth Move to Louisville
If you’ve recently decided to move to Louisville, Ohio, you’re in for some lovely scenery, affordable cost of living, and outdoor adventures. But to ensure a smooth transition, you need to put the pieces in place for your new life before moving day. Knock out this moving checklist from K & K Plumbing, and you’ll be set to start your new chapter off strong!
Keep It Structured
Maintaining structure and organization for your plans is critical to a smooth relocation.
Start packing as early as you can. Organize your belongings into categories, and clearly label your boxes for easy unpacking.
- Hire a professional moving company to safely load, transport, and unload your belongings into your new home.
- If you have children and/or pets, make plans for them to be cared for while you’re busy on moving day.
- Create a moving budget so that you’re not hit with unexpected expenses when you arrive in Louisville!
Prepare the Way
Once you have the logistics of the move in order, knock out these tasks before you hit the road!
Change your address with the postal service, along with your subscription services, banks, and lenders.
- Contact utility companies in Louisville to establish your water, electricity, gas, and internet.
- Research the DMV nearest to your new home so that you can easily update your license and registration upon arrival.
- While you’re at it, research the various grocery stores, pharmacies, medical facilities, and schools in the area.
Handle the Requirements
Once you arrive at your new home, make sure you take care of all these essential tasks before you get too comfortable:
- Start by unpacking all the items you need to stay comfortable during the first couple of nights in your new home, such as kitchen supplies, toiletries, bedding, and chargers for your devices.
- Check your property for any necessary repairs so that you can make plans for getting them done.
- If you’re moving your business with you to Louisville, be sure you know how to start an LLC in Ohio.
- Start venturing into your neighborhood and beyond to learn about your new city!
Congratulations on your decision to move to beautiful Louisville! Now, it’s time to plan out your move so that it’s a smooth process. Follow the tips above for a quick and painless relocation.
Household Plumbing Tips!
Bathroom Helpful Hints
These helpful hints should help keep the plumbing in your bathroom running efficiently.
- Once a week run hot water down the drain to help keep it free-flowing.
- Repair leaky faucets to avoid further damage to the fixtures and faucets.
- Tubs and showers should be fitted with strainers that catch hair and soap chips. Clean the strainers regularly.
- To remove unsightly mineral deposits on your shower head, put one cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and place it over the shower head. Hold it in place with a twist tie and let stand overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and wipe off the mineral deposits with a damp cloth.
- Do not use your toilet as a wastebasket. Do not flush facial tissue, sanitary products or diapers as they do not dissolve and can clog the lines. Keep a trash container in each bathroom.
Vacation Helpful Hints
- When leaving the house unattended for several days, turn the main service valve off .
- Turn the water heater off if it is electric.
- Turn the pilot down to vacation when leaving for a a period of time.
Kitchen Helpful Hints
These helpful hints should help keep the plumbing in your kitchen running efficiently.
- Never put hard-to-grind, stringy or fibrous waste (poultry skins, carrots, celery or banana peels) into the garbage disposer.
- Run hot water down the drain for 15 seconds before and after using the garbage disposer to flush waste through the line.
- Don’t pour liquid grease down the drain. Wipe congealed grease from pots and pans with a paper towel and dispose of in the trash.
Washing Machine Helpful
It is good practice to turn the washing machine water off when the machine is not in use. Valves that are designed for this can be installed or an automatic shut-off service can be installed.
K & K Plumbing, LLC is a family-owned and operated company serving Louisville, OH and surrounding areas. We strive to establish long-lasting relationships with our customers and we establish these relationships being timely, fair and honorable while maintaining a clean and organized job site and appearance.
Whether it’s that annoying dripping faucet or an emergency pipe repair job, our licensed plumbers have the training and the tools to handle the smallest or the largest plumbing job and we guarantee to fix it right the first time.
For more information, please visit our website or contact us today!